How it all started
On the morning of March 24, 2012, I went white-water kayaking with my friends. Unfortunately, I had an accident during the descent and broke both my ankles. The following four months were spent in a hospital, in a seniors’ residence, and in a rehabilitation centre. I had to learn to live with a wheelchair and was thus catapulted into the world of reduced mobility, discovering the many hurdles regarding accessibility. The idea for this website came to me following my desperate search for an accessible toilet at 1 in the morning on St-Denis. Realizing that I would have to “pee myself in front of everybody,” I understood that accessibility was also an issue of human dignity.
OnRoule.org was created with one single goal in mind: to simplify life by providing you with the information you want when you need it. I am once again on my “feet,” but I have not forgotten about you!
Take over this platform and make it yours. Comment, rate, share! I made it for you! Go! Create the OnRoule.org community and help us improve accessibility and the lives of people with reduced mobility!
Twitter : @cbdallaire
Linkedin : www.linkedin.com/in/catherineblanchettedallaire
Catherine Blanchette-Dallaire has won numerous awards for her involvement in OnRoule.org and is behind the new concept of Human Accessibility.
OnRoule.org was founded by Ms. Catherine Blanchette-Dallaire, President of Cblanchettee, a website development and conception consulting service. A graduate of ESG-UQAM with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration, she also studied computer technology and has work experience in marketing. She therefore has all the skills to create OnRoule.org and to make it accessible to everybody. The project is participatory and inclusive, while everyone is invited to provide information and to review the accessibility of places.
Published articles about Ms. Blanchette-Dallaire
- Mordu de sport, Moi & Compagnie, June 2015
- Ma vie sur quatre roues, Urbania, Décembre 3, 2013
- Disabled strive for open doors to accessibility, The Gazette, August 26, 2013
- Implication citoyenne inc., Le République, March 21, 2013
- Catherine Blanchette-Dallaire ou comment naviguer en eaux troubles, Blogue d’Émilie Joyal, March 3, 2013
- Une membre sous les projecteurs : Catherine Blanchette (ou savoir s’amuser avec les imprévus pour les optimiser), Blogue de la JCCM, November 28, 2012